Tobi.com is another website similar to Forever21, Asos, and Sabo Skirt. They’re a California-based company that offer a huge variety of trendy, in-style items at really great prices. Tobi.com uses their own brand for their items, as opposed to Asos who also have other designers’ items available. You can take that to be either a pro or a con, I always like to have the option for variety though. I also dislike that they have such limited size options when compared to Forever21 and Asos, only offering Small, Medium, and Large for many items with no “petites” or “plus size” options.
One huge pro for Tobi.com is that they ship free worldwide with no minimum! That means you can buy an item for $10 or $100 and still have it ship for free. They also have the option for expedited shipping if you need your items in a hurry, which costs around $30 and takes 1-2 weeks, as opposed to 2-4 weeks with the free shipping. Payment is all in US Dollars as well, so keep that in mind if it is not your native currency. One small qualm I have about Tobi.com, as well as other websites of this sort, is that they offer knock-off designer items at a fraction of the cost (in this case, Jeffrey Campbell look-alike shoes). For a lot of people, this is probably great, but I know how much money the fashion industry loses because of knock-offs, and its really a shame. Either way, here is my pros and cons list for Tobi.com:
- Huge variety of items
- Great prices
- Free worldwide shipping with no minimum
- 50% off your first order when you sign up
- Good return policy (30 days, unworn, with tags)
- No international exchanges for items that are the wrong size, colour, etc.
- Items are made of mostly cheap fabrics (polyester, rayon), so they likely won’t hold up long-term
- Clothing is very young
- Very limited sizing options, only Small, Medium, and Large for many items
- No “Petites” or “Plus-Size” options
- No mens clothing