For those who love vintage, feminine, unique, great priced clothes, decor and accessories, Modcloth.com is the place to go. I’ve been on Modcloth.com multiple times, but only just placed an order recently as they have finally started accepting international credit cards. I think the best feature of Modcloth is their abundant reviews for just about every item they sell. People post their measurements, the size they ordered, and comments about fit, quality, etc. and will sometimes even post pictures. This is by far the best way to get an idea of how the item will work for you. Because of the reviews others made, I ordered sizes of some items they I never would have ordered, and I’m so glad I did! Some designers just run small or large, and us as customers don’t know these things unless we’re told, or can try on the item. Modcloth also gives you the opportunity to talk to one of their stylists so that they can help you figure out if the item will work for you, and give you some styling advice.
Another great feature is the video attached to many of the items, showing a model wearing the item (with her measurements, and the size she’s wearing), and a stylist talking about the colour, fabric, styling tips, and other helpful advice. Modcloth makes it very easy to order the correct size, and ensure you know what the product will look like when it arrives at your door. I actually went a little crazy with my first order and bought a lot of really cute items, most of which had been on my wishlist for a while but hadn’t been purchased due to price. I love Anthropologie’s style, and I find that Modcloth has a very similar aesthetic, but at far more affordable prices.
- Great pricing on tons of items
- Many different designers
- Fit, quality, colour, and styling are all easy to determine from videos, customer reviews, and customer photos
- Great style; best website I’ve found for vintage-inspired clothes
- Ability to talk to one of their stylists for personal advice
- Lots of coupon codes, including $10 off your first order when you sign up
- Can choose fast (UPS) or slow (USPS) international shipping
- Can pay with PayPal
- While USPS shipping is free for orders over $50 for US customers, it costs $15 for International customers, which is rather expensive
- There isn’t any tracking available for international USPS orders (and at $15, there should be!)
- Fabric is not listed anywhere; I like to know what kind of fabric my clothes are made out of, but I decided to trust in the reviews talking about the quality of the fabric
Overall, I highly recommend checking out Modcloth.com, right now they have a St. Patrick’s Day sale going on: Use code GREEN15 for 15%-off St. Patty’s-inspired clothing and decor until 3/4 at 6 pm PT. Happy shopping!