When I think of Ann Taylor, two words come to mind: classic and timeless. Their clothes have been favourites of many women for years because of their high quality, attention to small details, and timeless look of their pieces. While they do follow current trends, it is in a subtle way that won’t look dated in a few years. What I love Ann Taylor for primarily is work-appropriate clothes, as well as dresses for weddings and other events. But they aren’t all work and no play: they do have a really nice collection of fun skirts and shorts to fill your casual wardrobe as well.
Ann Taylor’s online boutique is a new one for me to review as they just started shipping internationally (powered by Borderfree, who I have reviewed before), and now ship to over 100 countries for quite a low cost ($12.95 for standard shipping or $19.95 for express.) They also calculate duties and taxes at checkout, which ensures no additional surprise payments when your order arrives. All prices are shown in your currency, with a guaranteed exchange rate when you place your order.
Now for the nitty-gritty, the pros:
- petite and tall options available for almost all items
- wedding shop, including wedding gowns for the bride and very nice bridesmaid dresses
- lots of customer reviews on items
- ship to over 100 countries (and powered by Borderfree)
- in-depth fabric and care information
And the cons:
- prices are a bit high, but the quality does match the price tag in most cases
- sale items aren’t at a big discount, you’re better off waiting for one of their end-of-season sales
- a lot of the promo codes I tried using were saying that they were “US only” which I don’t like at all, us international customers should be able to save some money as well!
Overall, I do recommend Ann Taylor, especially their online boutique as they have many more options than they do in-store, like the tall and petites sizes.